- The Age of Anxiety January 11, 2019Continue Reading
Higher Anxiety? Our ‘age of anxiety’ began four centuries ago
It can come on suddenly and intensely, causing shaking, confusion and difficulty breathing for no apparent reason…trigger an irrational avoidance of elevators or public transportation…or become ...
- Going with the Grain January 11, 2019Continue Reading
Going with the Grain
They may be the culinary trendsetters of the 21st century, but the ancient wonders of the grain world have remain unchanged for the last several hundred years. From chia to kamut, sorghum ...
- Why Today’s Health News Often Becomes Tomorrow’s Retractions January 11, 2019Continue Reading
Handle with Care: Why Today’s Health News Often Becomes Tomorrow’s Retractions
We’ve all seen it played out hundreds of times, as a drug, food or habit is trumpeted as the way to lower the risk of ...
- Should You Choose a Female Doctor? December 5, 2018Continue Reading
The New York Times published an intriguing article titled “Should You Choose a Female Doctor?” citing studies and interviews showing that female doctors tend to listen more, and their patients fare better as a result. While I’m delighted to see this high-profile ...
- Decoding Different Diets September 25, 2018Continue Reading
What Kind of Eater are You?
In the quest for a healthier lifestyle, even inveterate beef eaters may be considering a more vegetable-centric diet. If you’re on a journey to vegetarianism or simply curious about the ...
- Pain Management: The New Approach September 25, 2018Continue Reading
Fewer Pills, Lower Doses, More Vigilance: The New Approach to Pain Management
It’s hard to imagine a medical crisis more widely discussed, dissected and debated in the last two years than opioid abuse. As a result, ...
- A Flu-Free Winter: Your Best Shot September 25, 2018Continue Reading
Take Your Best Shot for a Flu-Free Winter
Last year’s flu season was severe in most parts of the country and left many wondering why the flu vaccine hadn’t performed more effectively. However, it remains our ...
- Proud Sponsor of the 39th Annual Darien Road Race July 31, 2018Continue Reading
Darien Signature Health, Inc. is a proud Bronze Sponsor
of the 39th Annual Darien Road Race
Sunday, September 16th, 9:00 am/9:30 am
The Community Fund of Darien
30 Old Kings Highway South
Darien, CT 06820
- Stay safe this summer: prevent mosquito and tick bites May 4, 2018Continue Reading
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has issued an alert that tick-borne illnesses (such as Lyme disease) and disease from infected mosquitoes are on the rise, particularly in Connecticut.
We recommend these measures to protect yourself and still enjoy our beautiful, long-awaited summer:
- When hiking, wear long pants, long sleeves, shoes and socks, and ...
- Drs. Collins-Baine & Green: Atria’s Women’s Heart Health Presentation March 28, 2018Continue Reading
Amanda Collins-Baine, MD and Jeffrey Green, MD specializing in Cardiovascular Disease, talk with residents at the Atria in Darien about Women’s Heart Health, Tuesday March 27th. While cardiovascular disease is the number 1 cause of death in women, residents were pleased to learn that 80% of heart disease and stroke events can be prevented by ...