News & Events
- Stay safe this summer: prevent mosquito and tick bites May 4, 2018
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has issued an alert that tick-borne illnesses (such as Lyme disease) and disease from infected mosquitoes are on the rise, particularly in Connecticut.
We recommend these measures to protect yourself and still enjoy our beautiful, long-awaited summer:
- When hiking, wear long pants, long sleeves, shoes and socks, and tuck your pants into your socks to avoid any exposed skin around the ankles. Stay in the center of the trail, and avoid bushy areas, grasslands and downed logs.
- Wear a hat and a bandanna around your neck; if you have long hair, pull it back into a ponytail or braids.
- On exposed skin, use insect repellent with an active ingredient of either DEET; picaridin; IR3535; oil of lemon eucalyptus (OLE) or para-menthane-diol (PMD); or 2-undecanone.
- Spray closed shoes with the insecticide permethrin.
A single high dose of doxycycline within 24 hours after a tick bite can reduce the transmission of the spirochete from the tick to you. If you develop any flu-like symptoms or a red rash, please contact your physician.
For more information:
- Drs. Collins-Baine & Green: Atria’s Women’s Heart Health Presentation March 28, 2018
Amanda Collins-Baine, MD and Jeffrey Green, MD specializing in Cardiovascular Disease, talk with residents at the Atria in Darien about Women’s Heart Health, Tuesday March 27th. While cardiovascular disease is the number 1 cause of death in women, residents were pleased to learn that 80% of heart disease and stroke events can be prevented by lifestyle changes and education.Continue reading →
- Thanks for attending! February 21, 2018
Kelly Wolfe and I would like to thank you to all the residents who attended our presentation on February 20th on Healthy Aging and Fall Prevention at Atria of Darien.Continue reading →
- Thank you for attending our Oct. 11th Open House October 26, 2017
To all our wonderful current, former and new patients who attended the October 11th Open House, we hope you enjoyed visiting with our team. We are humbled by the number of patients who joined us for a lively evening and truly appreciate your support.
If you didn’t attend the event but would like to meet our team, we welcome you to call our office to schedule a personal, complimentary meet & greet appointment: (203) 286-5604.Continue reading →
- Dr. Collins-Baine: “Faces of Darien” 2017 October 25, 2017
Faces of Darien
Published on Aug 20, 2017
“Darien is filled with extraordinary professionals and businesses that share their talent, knowledge, and devotion with us every day. They are the essence of where we live and consistently strive to make our community one of the best in America.” Click to view online magazineContinue reading →